CAMP HBG 2020
June 8 - August 14
What can I expect from Camp HBG 2020?
We are excited for the opportunity to bring forward an in-person camp program this summer for children ages 2.5 - 11. Our main goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for children and enable parents the chance to return to work. While aspects of this program will look different than anything we have offered in the past, We are dedicated to providing a healthy environment that provides social and emotional growth for participants.
Community Services staff is following guidance from the Sonoma County Health Officer, Centers for Disease Control, and collaborating with statewide municipal recreation providers to ensure we operate according to the current guidance for summer camps and childcare programs. To minimize the risk of COVID-19 in our camp we have added procedures for staff, participants and families to follow. Your cooperation will ensure our program remains open and available throughout the summer.
Is it safe to participate in a camp this summer? Our program will be operated in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 guidance and recommendations, follow the social distancing, sanitation, and hygiene practices described in the following link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/index.html. The program structure is subject to change as additional health orders and/or guidelines are released.
- Camp groups will be limited to 12 campers (or less) and consistent staff.
- Camp groups will remain in the same group throughout each session and will not be allowed to co-mingle
- Many activities will be held outside. Proper shade will be provided and dedicated indoor facilities will be used on occasion and on very warm days
- Participants and staff will take part in daily health screenings upon arrival. Anyone exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed to enter the program
- Thorough and frequent hand hygiene will be practiced throughout the day
- All staff will be required to wear face coverings during the program. Participants are encouraged, but not required to wear a face covering
- Each camp group will be assigned a bathroom for use. Bathrooms will not be gender specific
- A thorough cleaning of all camp facilities will take place each evening at the conclusion of the program. Wipe downs of high touch surfaces will occur frequently throughout each day.
What are my camp options?Ages 2.5 - 5
Location: Healdsburg Community Center
The Community Center has two designated preschool rooms and outdoor play area. Each room is equipped with in-room restrooms and a variety of learning and play components.
Time: 8am - 1pm (early drop-off is available)
Location #1: Healdsburg Community Center
The Community Center is a former elementary school so we are able to use multiple classrooms for the program, plus we have significant outdoor space including a blacktop and sports field turf area and an iGrow garden. The Community Center will function as a more traditional camp program with a variety of arts, crafts, learning, and outdoor-type activities.Location #2: Villa Chanticleer
The Villa Chanticleer is an event center that has large open spaces and is located on a heavily wooded site with a picnic area. While the Villa would include arts, crafts, learning, and other traditional camp activities, the site is adjacent to Fitch Mountain Park and Open Space Preserve it will incorporate a more natural resource/environmental context.
Time: 8:00am - 5:30pm (early drop-off is available)
What is the cost?Thanks to the generous support of community donors, we are able to offer Camp HBG 2020 at a reduced and sliding scale financial structure to meet your individual family needs.
Camp HBG Fee Structure :
- $150 per week - total annual household income of $150K or more
- $100 per week - total annual household income of $100K to $150K
- $50 per week - total annual household income of $75K to $100K
- $25 per week - total annual household income of $75K or below
We will work with you on your individual financial situation. Please let us know if you have needs beyond these fee steps.
- 15% discount available for any additional siblings
- Financial records may be requested for verification
How many weeks can my child attend? Can I sign up for weekly camps?In order to meet the health order requirements and have consistent camp groups, registration options will be offered in monthly sessions this summer. Priority registration will be provided to those who register for the full 10 weeks. Due to the need to retain consistency in groups, weekly, half-day, and drop-in options will not be available this summer.
- Session 1: June 8 - July 3
- Session 2: July 6 - July 31
- Session 3: August 3 - August 14
How do I sign up?
With the program requirements due to COVID-19 we are asking all families who would like to participate in Camp HBG 2020 to contact us directly by calling 707-431-3301. We will set up an appointment to discuss the program in detail, learn more about you and your child(ren), and answer any questions you may have. We can also register you for the program during this appointment. Online registration will not be accepted this summer.
I still have questions and would like more information...
We understand these are uncertain times and you may have additional questions about how the program will operate. We will be running a pilot program with our current afterschool program participants the week of June 1-5 at the Community Center. If you would like to see the program in action, please contact us to arrange a time to meet with our staff. We will also process registration during this time.
Camp HBG 2020 Press Release 05.30.20
Camp HBG 2020 Safety Protocol 05.29.20
Camp HBG 2020 Waiver